Monday, March 27, 2006

Livin it up at the land of Maharajas
As I got up last Saturday, with my head spinning from the headiness of Pink Noise (awesome band, btw), and the beer still gurgling around in my system, I could'nt help but curse myself for agreeing to go to Jaipur for another damned wedding of a kin long forgotten. Dammit, a not-so-wise dude once told me that I go to a lot of weddings. Can't help realise he was actually right.

But the multitude of experiences crammed into 2 days was all that was needed for me to actually end up having a uniquely wonderful time at Jaipur. After all, to me going to the city of Kings, was like a second homecoming itself...
Anyways, as the 2 days were filled with events so entirely distinct, I'm having a hard time trying to build them into a coherent paragraph. So lord praise the man who invented bullets (not real ones, but these stupid things I'm gonna use here)

* Well these are actually not bullets.

* Wore a PAGDI for the first time in my life. It gives the same feeling you may have if you eat too much food, which would then go up ur brain than down your tummy.

* This reminds me, though I very happily took the digital cam, looking to capture some royal beauties in the rustic backdrop of a Jaipuri wedding, I forgot it at the hotel room itself. It was only when a thousand camera flashed were going on in my face that I realised that I could actually join them.

* So no pic of the PAGDI either :(. But did manage to visit some spots the day after and get clicking...



* At the wedding, I had a startling revelation that I actually tend to merge better with the Dadajis & Dadjis rather than folks of my own age. Maybe this reflects on my current state?

* Got drunk and played bluff with my cousins, and ended up employing the same tactic Abhay used the last time I was in Jaipur, to save my pennies. Hope the paper was sterilized.

* In the morning after, I had a breakfast comprising of milk and cereal...what, no... milk a.k.a.rabri and jalebi. And lots and lots and lots of it. Had to loosen my belt by 2 slots afterwards, but what the heck. Royalty doesn't really care about such stuff...

* In the evening, went to Nahargarh fort, the place where the RDB gang supposedly went to chill out after a hard day at DU :((...god these hindi movies can bluff. There was some kinda fest going on there, with some reeeally out-of-this-world characters roaming about...



* On the way back, with the car burning serious rubber at around 120 kmph, the endless trees rushing past my window, I was put in some kind of a trance where the entire 4 hour journey seemed to end in a moment...or span an entire lifetime...

And now, even as the damned admin (wierd thing, these words rhyme so well) at office have decide to even block out blogger, as I fight the ever growing force trying to push me into slumber, I make this resolve to tell that not-so-wise dude to mind his own business, and never pass up the chance of going to another wedding ever again. Hey, you may end up enjoying things other than the endless, free food... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»