Friday, May 18, 2007

When you try your best, but you don't succeed...
When you get what you want but not what you need...
Stuck in reverse?

Recently I found out what would have, in all probability, inspired Chris Martin to pen down these lyrics. It would have been a day spent at (trying to do some) shopping!
I mean, is it just me or do all guys (and some minisule proprortion of girls) have a hard time when it comes to picking out clothes/shoes/shopping in general ? Shouldn't there be a easier way to compute the complex logic of deciding what's gonna look good on you AND is affordable? How do you know whether the next shop at the next mall isn't selling something better? And I'm not even talking about following fashion here;that just opens a whole new dimension :-(
In my case all this has had catastrophic effects. I wear t-shirts that make much nonsense; I spent upwards of 3K on shoes that look like the ones in a bowling alley; and my jeans always, somehow, become ill-fitting the moment I take them out of the shopping bag at home...

Think I desparately need professional help. I remember seeing in some crappy star world sitcom that chicks take along their gay friends while going out for shopping, as seemingly they have finer feminine tastes...
So...err...should I try finding some lesbians?!!

3 comments:

blatherer said...

Dude, thinking that it was actually shopping that made Coldplay compose that song is total blasphemy.

Those lines have a deeper meaning. They try to explore the mystery called life.

Thinking shopping and fix you in the same time dimension is like thinking about Paris Hilton and Einstein at the same moment :(

madmita said...

So...err...should I try finding some lesbians?!!

hmmm... don't u know how good our very own HANce king is at shopping?
I dont think it's really abt gays or lesbians- some people have a natural talent for it!
:)
er...i don't.

blatherer said...

I have been suspicious about HANce King since a long time.
Thanks Madmita for clarifying the situation ;)