Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Yap yap yap.....here i go again

Lots of random stuff to babble about. One the main reasons for this entry is so that the previous one ceases to be the first thing one sees on Mostly Harmless....damn digicams. In the old days on being photographed in such positions, i could have destroyed all the copies and given the negative to the friendly resident rat in my room for safekeeping in his hole...but alas the in this day n age of technology i can't possibly know how many copies have been made and now it's on the internet. Potentially billions of people can see it. Thanks to ZZ9 i spilled my morning coffee (yet again) as i settled into me office chair on monday.

Lots of other stuff happening in the last few and infact the coming days. Finally saw RDB on saturday....nice movie....fun, message n all and gud music. After that was treated to a choclate excess in Barista. Also my new harddisk was broken by seesh earlier that day. But had a gud time in all....reached home late and missed my TL's wedding that night. All in a day's work.

Big event happened in the office on last Wednesday....Madmita wore a saree to work....there were interesting reactions from all n sundry to say the least. I was surprised too...by how well she actually carried it off. She totally enjoyed the attention...but it's interesting how many jaws dropped and eyebrows were raised. Last i checked this was India and saree was supposed to be a sorta national dress, for the ladies atleast. I mean people, as i commented to her would have cared less if ladies suddenly showed up in the office wearing bikines....ok i admit that was just wishful thinking. Point is....it created quite a lot of fuss. The day finally ended with a dude demanding a treat coz of the saree....i mean seriously man if ur hungry and want some food just say it. Few females came up to her and congratulated her on starting some kind of mini-revolution and threatened poor n confused males that they have now been inspired and are gonna wear it to work soon.

Moving on....yesterday was ofcourse Valentine's Day. Being a respected member of the society i have at various forums been asked to comment on bday of St Valentine. Frankly, i don't have an opinion coz it doesn't affect me. It means as much to me as rose day or hug day or friend day or or kiss-ur-boss's ass or any other damn day there is. Anyways i decided to have a nice bath, shave n comb my hair that day; wore proper formals (with sports shoes though) to office. As i walked in a collegue asked me "why the formals ??" .....damn it why not? Do i provide some kinda comic relief that bounds me to dress sloppily every single day? Okay i do but can't i take a break? Quite amusing actually, throughout the day people came up to me and asked me "so...what are the plans for today ?" "Well...my plan was to rob the freakin bank tonite and run off but i don't think you are interested in knowing that!!" i reply with a staright face. Then it comes :- the knowing sympathetic nod, the hand on the shoulder and the comforting smile. I reached home, even my mom pestered me about what gifts i got...she thinks i am surrounded by gals. Jeez....thanks mum, for the vote of confidence n for having such a nice opinion about ur sonny boy, but unfortunatley the other females (of this world atleast) don't share it. In case you are wondering.......never met an alien babe so wouldn't really know about what they think, now would i ??

Talking about girls...it's amazing nothing has been posted on this blog on them...totally disproportionate to the time i spend talking/thinking about/with them. I still remember my english teacher in class 11 n 12...she used to also take some value education class. Her gyan was "Never fret too much about any chick...there are plenty of gud fish in the sea". One may wonder what i was doing at a culinary seminar on non-vegetarian food. No, this statement was actually made about girls in a value education class. I just came to know that fishes have a 10 second memory (haven't verified this fact). But this rule is applying on my life a little too literally, i mean perfectly human babes turn virtually into fishes judging by the way they ignore me after the first couple of meetings. Hmm...maybe it's the deo i am using or my personality...definately one of those.

Great win for India on Monday thanks to goldilocks Dhoni n boost kid Sachin. Everybody loves winners....don't they? Busy days ahead, till the end of march....interviews n work that is piling by the day. Going to GIR on saturday....yipee!! Long since i went to a concert.....gonna totally freakout with buddies and possibly to a date on thrusday.....well no it's just gonna be two friends hanging out together.

No comments: