Tuesday, February 07, 2006

After the thrill has gone


Earlier this year, as always, I was off for my 22KM short (sic) trip to the college. Thrashing my bike as hard as I could. Asking the bike to take me those magical 3 digit figures, as many times as possible during one trip. And I really enjoyed those rides, dreaming of getting myself a big Superbike and going beyond those early numbers in the 100's.

But I never realized this would happen!!

College was over. Started working. Office was mere 2 KM from my house. And the road was nothing to write home about.

The ride was so damn unenjoyable that I even stopped looking at the speedometer. (My guess is that I would be reaching the max of 45 kmph during the round-trip)

Then one day, after 7 months of riding 4 KMs everyday I finally went on a long ride & a road which God could have given me only after I prayed ages in the Himalayas.

So I went off. Cutting through the air. Everything was going so fast, sideways.
Soon I thought I was too fast. Looked at the speedo.

70 kmph !!!

Am I day dreaming ??
70kmph has brought the shit half way through the hole :-O

What the hell has happened to me?
Am I dying?
What happened to my dream of owning a SBK?
Is it time I move to the safe environment of a car?

Answers to all these questions, the next time I go for a long ride.

P.S. I am thinking of getting my odo checked :)

No comments: