Thursday, February 16, 2006

While we're still on the topic of Valentine's Day..., I'd definitely like to share a few anecdotes which made my feb 14...well, funny if not romantic.

-In fact it all started on the 13th itself. It so happened that I'd left my dropyourjawsanddrool bike at the service centre, and so as soon as the clocked chimed 5:30, I decided to make a dash for it to pick it up, lest another particle of dust merrily settles on it. But all this enthu on my part was mistaken by most colleagues as an anticipation of the day to come. Some even asked me whether I'd be coming tommorow?! Come on people, it's just another day.

-Scene 2: 14th morning. As I grab anything edible in sight under the guise of breakfast, my mom tells me that at least today I should have dressed formally, and advised me to carry some extra cash in the pocket to save me from an embarassing situation! Seriously, I agree with Bertie, mom is the one female in the world who always believes her son is eye-candy for all the women around...

-Over to the office. The girl who sits next to me chirps that she for once is having a gr8 day. Reason being that she has just been asked on a blind date to the CCD in the office by a guy, or rather an email...

-As soon as I unlock the comp, Outlook shoots a warning in my face saying thst my mailbox is overflowing with crap, in other words forwards. It seems that today, even people I don't recall have taken the initiative to remind me of the blessed day that according to them i should spend alone, reading the crappy mails and cursing them.
And not just the mails. People like my PM (hello? need some distance here....) naively ask me that why I did'nt take a leave today? Yes, I know I wanna puke and maybe my face says it, but this is too insignificant to take a sick leave.

The only consolation is, that the girl next to me, whose day was seeming to get better by the day, turned around and asked me if I had something sharp to hit someone with. On further inquiry, she revealed that the dreamy email-guy in the last of his mails, had complimented her, saying that she looked like.....guess who....Tanushree Datta!! Poor dude, he sure was in for some abuse-hurling and sandal-whipping.
So as the day ended on a funny note, the both of us shared the only mail I liked in the entire day....the one that wished me a Happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

Kshitij said...

ummmm.....sorry......but I didn't get the part abt Tanushree Dutta :">....who's she???

blatherer said...

^^ You don't know who Tanushree Datta is :-O