Saturday, February 04, 2006

Not Funny!!

The entires (that are and were) on this blog are generally funny or insightful or give some pretty useful gyan (theories and primers)....not that they have to but they are written by funny, intelligent, mature and witty people. So if you by any chance are reading this one thinking it has a clever title and will live up to the expectations of entries on this blog then stop....do not read ahead.

Part - 1 : A good opening

My day started interestingly, got up late with a slight buzz in my head......decided not to comb my hair today...i mean who cares right...i am supercool!! Anyways it took me about 10 mins to get my unkempt look right against the usual 2 i take to comb them. Damn it's real hard to make hair not fall into place when you don't want them to. Suddenly my hair were like disciplined soliders in an army regiment all standing next to each other like comarades. So i rush off without having my breakfast. Half way to my bus stop get this call, "Hey dude!! the bus is atleast 30 mins late...so go back and i'll give you a missed call when it reaches my stop"...."thanks" i reply back.

I reach back home and am just about to eat the first piece of papaya when ring..ring..missed call. This is followed by a msg stating that i better run as the driver's body has been taken over by holy saint Juan Pablo Montoya's spirit and is obviously driving fast. So i run, after a long time too combining the speed of PT Usha n grace of....er Pamela Anderson (in Baywatch). Finally make it safely into the bus...the stupid radio is blaring so i decide to silence it, partially atleast by putting my bag infront of the speaker. Get up, do that n sit down...only the bag hasn't properly wedged in place so just as i am settling into my seat it falls on my head much to the amusement of my co-passenger. "Didn't u know the bag was not in place properly", she chirps helpfully....i only mutter something under my breath like a dragon hissing smoke before unleashing fire. Grovel and grumble...jokingly ofcourse how this is the worst start to the day and how it possibly couldn't get any worse. Actually, this was the most fun part of the day....i mean seriously it was eventfull and there was constant action; no thinking, kind of like a Jackie Chan-Govinda starrer.

Anybody who has persevered to read this far deserves a song :-

aye saala
abhi abhi huaa yaqeen ki aag hai mujh mein kahi
hui subaah main chal gaya
suraj ko main nigal gaya
ruu-ba-ruuuuuuuuu...............

I heard this song abt 15 times today thanks to my teammate who loves RDB!!

Part - 2 : An idle mind is a torture chamber

Reached office, don't have much work....checked mails n stuff.
I must admit i was pissed by the comment on my previous post and it bothered me.....question is why did it bother me ? Tried some regular diversion tactics....small talk with neighbor -"hey nice suit, wanna go to the cafeteria for breakfast ??"....."Sorry dude!! no time".Called up friend #1...chatted for 5 mins...he had some work. Called up friend #2....ring..ring...no freakin reply. Called up friend #3...."Haan bhai!! i am driving right now, will talk later."....oh wait, it's my sister's b'day, called her - "The airtel u r trying to call is unreachable...plz try later". Why did she have to go to Timbaktu to celebrate it.

Tick...tock...tick....

Ok 'Zinda', the recent movie has Sanjay Dutt trapped in this cell for 14 odd years. Every few months or years a sinister sounding tune is played and some gas called velium or something is injected into the cell which causes him to faint. Some people come along - clean, shave and give him new clothes. The above description was to compare the closed cell with and idle and calm mind. I mean usually we are doing something which occupies our brain or thinking ahead or back about work, problems or anything.

But my mind ala the cell was completly idle and then the same sinister tune played....here instead of velium, thoughts were injected into my mind only instead of cleansing it, they totally messed it up...so much so that even a MCD garbage dump would seem like El Darado infront of it !!

I fought or tried fighting my thoughts most of the day by trying to bug almost everone in my team, although they seemed to have suddenly found this new zest and aim in life to finish all their work today itself. Then i stopped, stopped wrestling with my mind by actually going for a walk alone outside my building....luckily the weather outside this time of the year in Delhi is quite nice. There was almost a sea breeze blowing outside.

Part 3 : Crappy ending : Food for thought!!

What is our default state of being ?? why is it not happy ? Are we totally dependent on external factors to make us happy - meeting a friend, nice music, a gud choco cake, seeing Yana Gupta dance :) etc...etc ? Do we even have control over what affects us in our state of being ?? Or is it some kind of bubble one is enveloped in when one is really happy....oblivious of the world around us...without cares n worries....only to have it pricked and burst some time. Question is how long can one stay in there ?

3 comments:

Kshitij said...

'grace of....er Pamela Anderson'....since when did she have anything to do with grace. In any case, even if she did, how the hell did you manage to duplicate that!!!

KB said...

Damn You! There was this scary movie 3 coming on TV with pamela andersen in the opening scene, and all i cud think about was PT Usha....hey wait....maybe I shud say bless you!.......I don't know...... Comment this out in the code review yaar.

Abhishek Dimri said...

Ok here is how managed my PT Usha + Pa-mein-la trick....i used my naturally long athletic legs to take long strides....however the upper part of my body moved in slow motion with my hands making sensous rhythmic half circles... ofcurse it helped that my unkempt hair was flying all over the place creating the perfect impression of Pam in her heyday running along the beach to save a coupla lives.