Sunday, January 01, 2006

Confessions of a sober mind

Yipee!! It’s new year’s day, a NEW YEAR full of hope, excitement, something to look forward to…………zzzzzzzzz……..but wait after 2 days of partying it’s more like full of drowsiness and an irritating buzz in my head. So it’s time for reflections…..which is a bit weird when u think of it coz to go forward we have to actually reflect….anyways I am amazed at the amount of talent god has bestowed on me – NIL. I mean how far can Greek-god good looks, an Einsteinian brain and a kicking sense of humor get me. I can’t:

Sing - even if my freakin life depended on it
Cook
Draw or sketch
Write (stating the obvious here)
Play a musical instrument
I am a lousy dancer
I am blessed with the laziest butt in the whole world

Apart from all this (and a hundred other things) life is bliss. People say one can’t improve perfection so I decided I am gonna prove them wrong n on those lines have come up with a couple of resolutions (not new year ones but plain old simple regular ones).

Firstly get hold of my sweet’ol rotting guitar n learn to play it…..well not just that one but most guitars in general unless ofcourse I don’t get along with one. Then I will probably join some gym or akhara, main intent being to turn my body into some kind of fucking lean mean fighting machine.

For once I am not thinking of the whole world but am going to be a selfish bastard. (contrary to the friendly n nice image I seem to have)

The first thing I did this year – for some insanely absurd reason checked my weight…..it’s 67 kgs.

3 comments:

Kshitij said...

Ahem!! Lack of talent I completely agree with but you seem to hide the 'Greek-God looks, Einstienian brain and kicking sense of humor' pretty well, I've not caught as much as a whiff of them in the last 4 years. And hey what the hell is a lazy butt man...hardly ever have I seen anyone whose butt has a mind of its own and moves out of synch with the rest of the body.

Abhishek Dimri said...

Hey Marvin!! u are a true friend...
kicking a dude when he's down n ur right ....my butt does have a mind of it's own unfortunately it doesn't get along with my actual one :(

blatherer said...

lean mean fighting (!!) machine !!
where the hell did that come from?