Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ever been in a situation where one moment you are happily wading through life oblivious of the world around you and then the very next moment you find yourself in an extremely embarrassing spot. Happens to me pretty regularly actually because I, at times, simply forget that there are people around me and that what I say/do when I'm lost in my own sweet litle world could be taken very differently by those around me. Anyways, enough of a build up (I'm starting to feel sleepy myself :)), this is what happened...

So here I was fresh from a nice long stay at home during Diwali, happily singing my way out of the nearby mall. The joviality of my mood was heightened by a good ol' McChicken making its way down to my stomach. As always, I was having a friendly little chat with a friend of mine(lets call him Martyyy). At one of his comments I did a good ol' woooooooooo. Nothing wrong with the poor old exclamation except that at the very moment I said it a hot babe decided to cross between us, making her way to the mall. I, obviously, did not notice this but apparently the babe thought I was a tapori and gave me a look of disgust. I mean it is quite disconcerting when you realize that a babe you dont even know is frowning at you. Anyways, being the hard nut that I am, I took it in my stride and decided to carry on with life as usual. But then, my eyes fell upon Martyyy who for some apparent reason could not stop laughing. Being blessed with an extremely sharp sense of deduction it took me only a few minutes before I realized that there could be a connection with the babe's frown and Martyyy's laugh. Further questioning revealed that my innocent wooooooooo had been timed to perfection and the babe apparently thought I was some road-side tapori making a pass at her.....some people are really self-absorbed I must say....I mean one could just as easily be wooooing at the nearby auto-driver or something.

1 comment:

KB said...

Dude! A good ol' McChicken made you do a good ol' woooooooooo
Too bad the poor babe dint hit u with a chappal or somethin :D