Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Stumbling through life!!

So it's a cherry'ol Tuesday morning n inspite it being cold n foggy i am happily skipping along to my bus stop whistling 'the sound of silence'......well the bus finally arrives n i walk in, i trip on the bus stairs n next thing i know i am snuggly in the bus guy's lap(actually i don't know his actual designation.....technically he could pass of as bus the conductor but kinda not sure there)....not surprisingly he is not amused n i look up to see the bus guy looking weirdly at me....well actually both of us have a bit off a history....

Couple of weeks ago my specs broke in the office.....anyways i am in the bus chatting along when somebody asks me to ask the bus guy to lower the damn radio volume...now i have pretty much a hawk's vision even without my glasses but at the time it was getting dark n the light in the bus was switched off.....so i go n tell the dude to lower the volume....while coming back i step on a randomly lying woollen piece of cloth......ohh ok i think that while brushing past ppl i might have dropped somebody's cardigan so i pick up the cloth n i am abt to give it to the guy sitting in the next seat when i realise that i am standing in the middle of the bus with the bus doormat in my hand......well ok agreed that it is a fine piece of persian craftsmanship n one hell of a rug and i am one of those real smooth n slick guys but this is the kind of situation most blokes will want to avoid being in, so i dropped the mat coolly and confidently walked back to my seat....no damage done.

However, since that day the bus guy has been keeping a sly eye on my movements, infact out of his concern for the doormat he has shifted it's position away from the seating area and towards the driver. I myself planned to be extremly casual abt the whole thing n keep a low profile......so falling into his lap wasn't the smartest thing. I think last has not been heard of this issue given his concerns (genuine too) for the doormat n my uncanny habit of....yeh stumbling thru life.

1 comment:

Kshitij said...

The poor bus conductor's concern seems understandable, I mean one does get suspicious of the other guy if you suddenly find him in your lap early on a winter morning ;)...must be quite a disturbing experience!!!