Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The 1st ones..

These were the days I dreaded the most - stuff nightmares are made of.

The very idea of going through the whole grind of examinations and evaluations all over again sent shocks across the whole of my body. The last time I felt that way was when I accidentally tripped on a high voltage wire.

Not that I never gave examinations in my life. Engineering was full of “those” things. But then, only an engineer knows the inside story. And once, that you have actually been in the industry, it's only the threat of losing dollars/euros that takes the shit out of you. All other things are passé.

So, what was it like?

Six gruesome days which were never accompanied by nights. Endless doze of Tea, Coffee, Cold drink, Rolls, Sandwiches and whatever you can grab throughout the so-called nights. Listening to the same song on full blast after each exam.

But, somehow I felt somewhat at ease. While others were not sleeping at all, I was logging 5-6 hours daily. Though, I am yet to see the repercussions of such a move.

But, all said and done, I'm sure that people will introspect deeply after this mayhem. The lines have been clearly drawn. We now know who's gonna burn the midnight's lamp from here on (of course, with high hopes of high returns) and who's gonna try his level best to extinguish the lamp (of course, to keep the spirit of relative grading held high). Rather than just following the mad race, people have to find their own way.

Am I right in what I just said?
Maybe the more experienced, and we have a hell lot of them, people can share their experiences. Especially, since they had stopped blogging during their b-school days **fuming**

3 comments:

KB said...

Aah...the ghissu speaketh about the exams...sighhhh

blatherer said...

@zz9 - try and get the essence of the post. there's won't be any 'sighhhh'ness (except from my part. maybe) :D

Anonymous said...

"Rather than just following the mad race, people have to find their own way"

This seems to be the most cliché part of whole M-B-A thing...and dear ol' blathy seems to be winning the race! ;)