Friday, August 29, 2008

And, then I thought.

Everything was subtle, depressing, disillusioning and full of cribs for a long while. The cyclic fevers didn’t help either.

But, suddenly there was a barrage of events that went around me. Though not related to me, they made me pause for a moment and think.

The early signs were there when I wrote earlier and it was good to see Bertie somewhat agreeing to my point of view. I thought that things will settle down after a while but new events just keep on augmenting my concerns.

I see people around me who are brilliant; Give them any damn problem to solve and they’ll crack it in a buzz. But, then they start doing things that completely disturbs the all-happy-utopian-landscape one could have imagined.

Is it really necessary for people to grab on everything they can?
Even if the benefits could have been afforded by them, had they not filled their wardrobes with Adidas's and Nike's of the world!

Is it really necessary to show your arrogance and so-called "attitude" to guests?

Is it really necessary to start listening only when the other person starts talking about dollars and pounds?

Is it really necessary to not end any conversation without mentioning the P word?

Is it really necessary to display your individualistic superiority at the expense of someone else?

Is it really necessary to stop dreaming just because you know the world is not going to change?

P.S. I’m even ashamed to tag these posts.
P.S.A. Have started listening to this song. I don't know a word they say but somehow a certain connect happens - http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=ADD7ga9Bs_k


No comments: