Sunday, March 18, 2007

Nai Nai Sarak.

Finally and finally I got a chance to explore Old Delhi (finally!!)

Old Delhi has always remained nothing more than a small dab on Delhi's map to me. A place you wouldn't really prefer going towards, unless -

- you have to catch a train from Old Delhi Railway Station
- you need to get some "hardware" stuff (damn you pervert guys)
- you need books at discounted rate from Nai Sarak
- (and as pointed out to me lately) you need to do some serious wedding shopping :(

well apart from the 'books' reason, I couldn't imagine any other thing for me to go there. But then, we South (of) Delhi people had our own Ber Sarai. So all in all, Old Delhi has been a complete no-no for me.

And then, the time came and I really had to move my ass to Old Delhi.

But hell! it turned out to be a fun trip.
Loads and loads of walking (and while you are carrying 10kgs of books with you)
People guiding you who themselves had no clue about the place :P
Actually finding out that Nai Sarak has more Sari shops than bookshops.
Awesome parawthe (or is it paraanthe!) - deep fried and served with a whole lot of stuff and an overdose of ghee.
An overkill of Faluda kulfi at Giani's

-Hic- I'm on a guilt trip

p.s. I'm on a roll or what! Everyone else looks dead on this blog :D

6 comments:

KB said...

U ass...could'nt u take me along when u went...it's been soooo long since I had some tears-in-the-eye hot chaat or kachoris from old delhi :x

madmita said...

hmmm...
I wudn't mind going shopping!
:)

blatherer said...

chaat, kachoris!!!!
you don't have to go to Old Delhi for that.

blatherer said...

@madmita - ahemmm.... wedding shopping!!

madmita said...

oh! well...someday...

KB said...

you don't have to, but you just have once you do!