Monday, April 10, 2006

Holy Smoke

Exactly 48 hours ago I got off the raft.
Paddling continuously for 20KM had taken its toll. I was so hungry that I didn't even bother to look for spoon and started eating off my hand (Soon realized, though, that I was the only person doing so)

Jottings from the trip -

- Was supposed to start at 8:30. Reached meeting place at 8:30. Played games on Rajat's PS, watched some new videos and finally started at 9:30.
- For around 1.5 hours wondered around Noida just to realize that the road we finally reached could have been reached in 15 mins .
- Out of the 21 odd people travelling in the bus, I knew only 6-7. So, was ready to face a lot of weird people.
- The odd shape of the Bus seats won't let me sleep. Took turns to sleep on seat meant for two .
- Were a good 25km away from the final destination when the bus driver announced that he won't move an inch forward.
- After a light breakfast and a small drive to Marine Drive, started off on raft with 11 other guys.
- Rapids have strange nomenclature. Eg. Good Morning, Black Money, Three Blind Mice, Roller Coaster.
- Getting inside the raft on your own (while you are in water) is not only tough but impossible.
- Jumping from a height of 10 meters into the Ganges is scary enough to let fart pass by your's.
- There are people who act stupid when sober and sober when drunk.
- Sadhus actually asked us not to smoke ganja.
- Although there's a big hole at the bottom of a Chillam, the grass won't pass through. It'll remain stuck at the upper half of the chillam
- Nearly killed a guy (who was just relaxing by the river) when a rock (the size of my palm) hit him on his neck. Obviously, thrown by me.
- The guys in the bus maybe thinking that we are big time junkies who can't do without their daily dose.
- In just 60 hours, I left my seat, travelled 250kms away, did white water rafting and all the crazy things mentioned above and am back at my seat :-O

2 comments:

KB said...

"Jumping from a height of 10 meters into the Ganges is scary enough to let fart pass by your's."
What are you trying to say? All my bodily functions had ceased at that moment so I didn't experience such things ;)

BTW, don't call it ganja dude...sounds kinda scary.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»