Thursday, February 28, 2008

i, blatherer.

It all started when I decided to give birth to my alter ego, allowing it to come alive on-line.

I wanted a unique name - something that described me in a single word; yet, wasn't too obvious to reveal my identity (Mr. No-sense-lazy-ass would have been too easy for anyone to guess that it's me).

Many people take the easiest way out and name themselves bond007, hellboy, sexy-babe, and the likes. But anyone, who knows me well, knows how much I hate clichés (at least in theory). And, so began my journey in search of 'that' name.

After much search, I stumbled upon a word - blatherer.
thefreedictionary.com describes blatherer as someone who talks foolishly/gibberish.

Fits to the tee, I thought.

I had the habit of talking non-sense; often, confusing the listeners on where we started and where are we headed to; lost in transition; circling around a square that has no corner - Got it?

But wait! Why am I writing this? Did anyone ask for it? No one seems to have an issue with the name.

Well, because the name has its own darker side - the one that's oft confused on what to say during tight situations, the one that's ready to churns out rubbishes, the one that redefines sarcasm, the one that almost lost a very good friend because of this.

I just hope that I'll always stick to the funnier part because the rougher side of the coin is too hard - for me and, more importantly, for the people around me.

Blatherer died tonight.
And, somewhere in the distance, the music faded away -
So hold me when I'm here
Right me when I'm wrong

2 comments:

KB said...

blatherer died?? so who got born?

blatherer said...

the new improved, 110% more efficient * blatherer.

* under standard test conditions.