Thursday, January 17, 2008

Phew!

This must have been one of the busiest weekends of my life (discounting the weekends when I sit in front of my monitor, exploring things that I haven’t understood yet).

To start with, an opportunity to fly after a very-very long time but I wasn’t scared (thanks to the loud gujju aunty sitting besides me and her army of equally loud kids). The Mumbai airport was like a fresh breeze of air, especially after having been through the Delhi airport experience. And, not to forget, the 35kBps free internet at the airport; thanks to it, for the first time in my life, I saw a youtube video in real time 

And then there was “wait” :(
First, a 2-hour wait for a friend at the airport. The next day was an even-lousier 4-hour wait, with me reaching for an appointment way ahead of schedule (5 hours, to be precise). Though, the day after that was surprisingly fast – things going past in a zap.

But, what remains unforgettable is the Cultural Learnings from Mumbai – PDA
PDA a.k.a. Public Display of Affection is something that I hardly ever noticed in Delhi and something that seems to be in abundance in Mumbai. I mean, have you ever seen a couple making out in the middle of a ‘family restaurant’? Man! Those guys deserved an applause. But at the same time Mumbai reminds me of religious extremists who fight tooth and nail against such displays.

Well, India never fails to surprise me 

1 comment:

KB said...

Ass...hope you weren't thinking about the PDA during the interview as well :P
Howd it go by the way?