Friday, August 03, 2007

The power of uhhh....... Pink!!

Today was a gloomy day.
Not because it rained cats and dogs.
Neither because a bus drowned at the Dwarka underpass.
Nor because I was asked to (yawn!!!) study some docs at office.
And, particularly, not because a client replied to my mail that I had sent her on February 28th, 2007.

In fact, I made a friend suffer a minor heart attack by telling him that I'm getting promoted and being sent for a 9-month on-site stint (which of course was a lie). And for the fact that after such a long time I finally failed to miss My name is Earl and 30 Rock.

But it was gloomy. And it was strange that I wasn't able to identify the reason.
And, hence, the day was about to end at a very gloomy note but then...

A phone call at 12 o'clock and the midnight sun started shining bright behind the dark clouds in the sky. A conversation which made me realize the things I enjoy the most.

"To each his own", they say.
Some people find watching television interesting, some people feel the happiest in the company of books, some people gorge like pigs to make the blues disappear and some people do good in their own company. But, for me, I have realized that one thing that can beat the shit out of my bluesy moods (ok! let's try and not think about beer for a moment) is -

trumpets......
rolling drums......
tadaa......

Office Gossip !!!

So, there I was - happy like a little child who just snatched away the lollipop out of the bull dog's mouth; with sparkling eyes of a scientist who invented something today; the guy who realized that he'll be marrying Paris Hilton;

And why was I happy? Because I'd just concluded a 2 hour phone call discussing - pink!
Oh! how I love office gossip. I adore it. In fact, I have a business plan to make a living out of it (any b-school student listening).

God save the souls of those who interact with me at work :P

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 hr phone call?? with whom ?

blatherer said...

^^ dunno. maybe anonymous :)

blatherer said...

ohhh. now i remember.
it was the hutch toll-free number :(

blatherer said...

^^
come on dude, don't do this to me :((

Abhishek Dimri said...

wht the....my comment deleted !!!
then y dunn u tell everybody (or me at least) who was it or admit that u wanna keep it a secret ;)

Anonymous said...

luks like sumbdy is gettin possessive..!!:D

blatherer said...

^^ what secret?
did i ever tell anyone that i'm a member of MSS (China)

Abhishek Dimri said...

so member of MSS (whatever that is?) who did u have the conversation with ?

KB said...

the guy who realized that he'll be marrying Paris Hilton

Seriously dude...spend less time with fauji now that I'm not around to hang out with!

blatherer said...

^^ Paris Hilton rocks dude.

madmita said...

hey guys stop arguing!
i'm like gone for 2 days and the blog becomes such a mess!
now lets settle things- blatherer tell bertie who u had that pink conversation with so that bertie can call him\her up and do the same!