Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The lonely traveler

Now that Blatherer has already blathered about the pukey details of my Dharamshala trip, I’ll instead harp on an interesting incident, and the thoughts that followed, occupying my mind during most of the 3 day trip.

It all started with the Volvo trip where, by virtue of god-knows-which good deeds of mine, I was able to get a seat slightly away from the 4 weirdos in my group, and next to an absolutely gorgeous female named Rebecca, who’d come all the way from Germany like the rest of the foreigners in search of some Karma crap.(suckers!!!)

Anyways, though most of the time my mind was too busy looking at her than to hear what she was saying, I managed to hang on to one of the things she said. She told, or rather advised me, to travel alone the next time!! Now I don’t know whether she said this out of mercy for me, looking at the rest of my group, or out of pure lust so that she could catch me alone the next time, but I sure am intrigued by the whole prospect of being a lone traveler. I mean, just consider the following benefits:

  • Only having to listen to you
  • Not having to wait for the last member to finish bathing before getting ur breakfast
  • Not having to see people wretch out bucket-fulls of puke outside your balcony
  • Being able to talk to interesting people like Rebecca, without facing the customary leg-pulling about what happened in the night (that is so lame :x)
  • Not having to pay inflated bills at some fancy restaurant, just 'cause your group-mates can't stop gorging like hogs
  • Just being who you are
  • Umpteen other benefits

And so it has been decided. My next trip is going to be solo. No pick-ups. No schedules.

Nobody knowing where I am.

Totally Free. Because that is how a vacation is meant to be.

2 comments:

blatherer said...

the lonely traveler!!
sounds fun.
too much hassle though.

Abhishek Dimri said...

dunno abt travelling alone...might just be too boring especially if the rebecca's of this world dunn turn up...recently i have travelled with 1 or 2 pals...ppl who give u space and its cool.

Definately better than travelling in a larger group.